WWE Survivor Series 2016: Preview, Predictions, Full card and Results – originally posted on Nixusblog.com
The thirtieth annual Survivor Series will take place this at the Air Canada Center in Toronto. This the last World Wresting Entertainment (WWE) pay-per-view of 2016 that will see the two brands Raw and Smackdown go head-to-head.
Results will be updated on this page live.
The main event of the night will be Brock Lesnar taking on Goldberg. The two undisputed legends of the business will lock horns in a fight set to showcase some incredible strength and intensity. This is only the second ever meeting between the two in WWE history, after Goldberg beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania XX back in 2004. The former will be making his first appearance since after returning to WWE television last month, while Lesnar will be fighting his first bout since a brutal technical knockout (TKO) win over Randy Orton at Summerslam in September.
There will also be three traditional Survivor Series elimination matches between the men, women and tag teams of the two brands. The Undertaker returned this week to give the blue men’s team a pep talk, and warned that they must win at all costs.
There will be two championships defended: the Cruiserweight Championship and the Intercontinental Championship. In the former, Raw’s champion The Brian Kendrick will take on Smackdown’s Kalisto. If the luchador is successful in beating Kendrick, the entire cruiserweight division will transfer to Smackdown.
Raw’s Sami Zayn will taken on the Intercontinental Champion The Miz in the other inter-promotional match of the night. If the Canadian wins in front of his home town crowd, the IC title will shift to Monday nights.
The telecast for WWE Survivor Series 2016 will begin at 7 PM Eastern exclusively on the WWE Network.
Here is the full card, along with predictions on the outcome:
1) Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg: Singles match
2) Team Raw (Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman) vs Team Smackdown (AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Shane McMahon): Traditional 5-0n-5 Survivor Series elimination match
Prediction: Team RAW
3) Team Raw (Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Alicia Fox, Nia Jax) vs Team Smackdown (Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Nikki Bella, Carmella, Naomi): Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match
Prediction: Team Smackdown
4) Team Raw (The New Day, Sheamus and Cesaro, The Club, Enzo and Cass, The Shining Stars) vs Team Smackdown (Heath Slater and Rhyno, American Alpha, The Uso’s, The Hype Bros and Breezango): Traditional 10-on-10 Survivor Series elimination match
Prediction: Team RAW
5) The Brian Kendrick (c) vs Kalisto: Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
6) The Miz (c) vs Sami Zayn: Single match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Prediction: Sami Zayn